Historic Palmyra

Address:



Hours of Operation:
winter 11-4 Tues.-Thurs

Contact Us:


http://www.historicpalmyrany.com/

Description:

Historic Palmyra offers five (5) museums in its Erie Canal area of Market and William Street in Palmyra, NYAlling Coverlet - 122 William St.  Largest Collection of handwoven coverlets in America.Wm. Phelps General Store - 140 Market Street original Erie Canal 1826 - 1940 General Store original and authentic.Palmyra Historical Museum 23 rooms old hotel and tavern with a comprehensive collections of area and Canal history.Palmyra Print Shop - 140-1/2 Market St.  Collection of type, preinting presses and cutters made in Palmyra NY 1820-1970.   Historic Palmyra's Erie Canal Depot - 136 Market Street old Erie Canal tenant house with passenger and commercial areas depicting the 1830's.


The Upper Mud Creek Aqueduct located at Lock 29 in Aqueduct Park.
Alling Coverlet Museum first floor display room. Overshots and double weaves dating from 1800 to 1840
Alling Coverlet Museum first floor display with 1809 Barn Loom showing Jacquard or Figured and Fancy coverlets made between 1844 and 1873.
Phelps at night decorated for Sibyl’s birthday
Alling display room full of children learning about the book “Hidden in Plain View” and the Underground Railroad.

ERIE CANAL   .   CHAMPLAIN CANAL   .   OSWEGO CANAL   .   CAYUGA-SENECA CANAL

.